We opened up the Fabbers Map to early adopters a couple of days ago and got a great response. So much so that we closed registration to help us sort out what worked (and what didn’t) and to refine the questions in the signup form to make it easier (for us really!). We’ve just opened it back up with a couple of changes, so if you didn’t get a chance to sign up the first round you’ve got a second chance.
- If you own a second-hand tool you MUST have it registered in your name with ShopBot. There are several ways to contact them and it’s free!
- You’ll need to enter the latitude and longitude of your location in the form now…if you don’t know it you can find out how at
- You have to have a website..that’s the way that Makers will find out what kinds of things you do. We’re working on an resource page about free and low-cost services on the web, but if you don’t currently have a site we can’t put you on the map.
- Think of your description and list of specialties as your ad. It’s your way to get the attention of Makers so think about what you want to include that will get them interested. If it’s “skimpy” or uninteresting we guarantee they’ll pass you by, so make it good!
- If you don’t send us a link to a picture we’ll use our default image of a little garage. Even though it’s a neat image we’re sure that you don’t want to be thought of as “default”, so please try to include an image that shows Makers something that will make them want to learn more about your business.
The link to the signup form is . And if you signed up in the first round but want to make some changes to your info (or don’t see yourself on the map which means there was a problem), please sign up again and redo it…we’ll delete your original info.